|REGIS pioneered in
the Cyprus ice-cream industry by establishing
the first manufacturing unit in 1952. George
Protopapas had the entrepreunial foresight to
invest in this relatively new sector of the
market. The Protopapas family still own a
substantial part of the company and his children
are actively involved in running the company.
In the sixties the
company was effectively covering the whole
island and the now classic items like the CHOC
ICE (PLAKA) and AGRINO CONE were already well
The invasion of Turkey in July 1974, brought
about many losses for the company as most of its
fleet as well as its ice-cream cabinets, were
trapped in the northern part of the island.
The company never ceased to continually upgrade
both the factory facilities as well as the
distribution centers, vehicles and cabinets in
order to prepare itself for the opening of the
market. The product range is enriched further
with new products, like the premium sticks MEGA.
Since 1996, when the market was liberalized most
of the known European brands are being imported
to Cyprus and REGIS has successfully competed
with them and retained a leading position in the
impulse ice cream market.
Our main care since the day we first started is
our dedication to exceptional quality standards.
Our aim is to develop and improve, not only in
regards to our products, but also in the way we
operate and provide services to our customers
Our vision is to retain our leadership position
in the Cyprus ice cream market by following the
3 outlined strategies:
Continuous improvement of our best
Strategic cooperation with our partners
in order to offer to our customers the
best possible solutions in ice cream.
Retain high quality standards in all
aspects of our operations, through the HACCP system